This year we have a kindergartner. I made the mistake of baking cookies and bringing one with me in the car for her when I picked her up the on the first day just in case. Long story short, now she expects a special treat every afternoon when I come get her. *cue head shaking* After a week or so I was getting pretty sick of making cookies. Enter Spice Krispies Treats. Oh my gosh. These are serious trouble you guys. Like, I think I could eat an ENTIRE pan by myself. They are full of gooey marshmallow, vanilla, warm fall spices and butterscotch chips. Try to eat just one. I dare you. Chances are you’ll be sneaking them like me behind the pantry door and mumbling “no, I’m not eating anything in here…” too.
Spice Krispies Treats
- 9 x 9 glass pan
- large pot
- rubber spatula
- 3 tbsp Salted Butter
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3 cups Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Cooking Spray
- Prepare the bottom of a 9 x 9 glass pan with cooking spray
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pot on the stove.
- Add in cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and stir to combine.
- Add marshmallows, stirring constantly until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in Rice Krispies cereal until fully incorporated. Allow to cool 2 minutes.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and empty mixture into prepared glass pan. Moisten hand or rubber spatula and press mixture down flat into the pan.
- Let cool, cut and enjoy! Cover leftovers (if there are any) with foil.