Do you have any items in your kitchen that remind you of certain people or specific recipes from when you were a kid? When my grandmother died several years back, one of the things that was passed down to me was her white Pyrex bread pan. Every time I bake something in it, I am reminded of her and I love that. She was a sweet, sweet woman who loved chocolate, butter, and bananas so this recipe would have been right up her alley! It comes together in one bowl so cleanup is minimal which I also appreciate. We enjoy this one as an after school treat or weekend breakfast. It’s a great way to use up those bananas you’ve got lying around that might have gotten a little long in the tooth too!
Simple Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- standard loaf pan, buttered
- mixing bowl
- 3 very ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick salted butter melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash together bananas, sugar, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in salt, baking powder and flour and mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a a prepared standard sized, loaf pan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for one hour or until the top is a deep brown in color and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy hot from the oven or cooled with a pat of butter.