Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s good for dinner, lunch, cold for breakfast (don’t judge!) the list goes on and on… This Semi-Homemade Pizza is super easy to throw together if you’re short on time and is a lot less expensive than ordering from your favorite take out place.
Locally a large pizza like this runs around $15-$20 depending on the number of toppings you choose. I buy these extra large 16″ plain cheese pizzas from Aldi for around $5! They are just as good, always hot, and I don’t have to wait or pay for delivery! These things are great for serving at a kids pizza party too to save on cost! We can bake three of them in our oven, one on each rack, all at the same time. We save the boxes to cut and serve them in and then wrap leftovers up in tinfoil. Let me tell you, three 16″ pizzas will feed a lot of kids and all for less than $20!
Besides being inexpensive, I love that we can put as many or as few toppings on as we like too and I can use whatever we have on hand hanging out in the fridge. Three leftover mushrooms? Bell pepper scraps? Random onion ends? All perfect for pizza! We usually give the kids their own little wedge to dress however they like and then the rest of it is ours to dress up as we please. Favorite toppings at our house include ham, mushroom and onion but we’ve been known to throw on the odd pineapple slice, olive, jalapeno, you name it really!
Pro tip: these giant pizzas will fit in a regular size fridge if you take them out of the box before you try to cram them in there. Save the box or make a note on bake time and temp before tossing it!
- 1 16" Prepared Cheese Pizza from the Deli section
- 1-2 cups Assorted sliced vegetables
- 8 oz Sliced Deli Meat, Pepperoni, Ground Meat or Sausage
- Preheat your oven according to package directions on pizza
- Remove pizza from wrapper and cardboard tray.
- Slice assorted vegetables thinly and spread over top of cheese.
- Sprinkle sliced deli meat, hamburger, bacon or sausage on top of vegetables.
- Bake pizza according to package directions. Slice and serve alongside a green salad.