Let me just talk for a second about how much we love these mashed potatoes… My kids have a serious thing for Ranch dressing so these creamy whipped potatoes are a major hit in our family. They are decadent, full of savory Ranch flavor, and are topped with salty, crispy, drool inducing fried onions. Are they healthy? Probably not. Do I care? Not one creamy, crunchy iota…
Ranch Whipped Potatoes
- Electric mixer
- Large pot for boiling water
- 6 medium red skinned potatoes peeled and cubed
- salted water enough to cover potatoes
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups french's fried onions reserve some to top
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender
- While potatoes are boiling, toast fried onions in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Carefully drain into a colander and return to pot
- Add in butter, Ranch dressing, and 1 cup toasted onions. Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve with additional crispy onions on top.