This simple recipe is part of my One Chicken Three Meals repertoire and has only four ingredients (not counting salt and pepper). I love that it is so easy and inexpensive to make and that the original recipe came from my grandmother’s kitchen. Think of it as a healthier, homemade version of chicken nuggets. The meat is tender and the coating is crunchy. We love these served with Honey Mustard or Ranch dressing and a side of Ranch Whipped Potatoes.
Grandma's Cornflake Chicken
- cookie sheet
- 2 gallon ziploc bags
- cooking spray
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cornflake cereal crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken pieces into a gallon sized ziploc bag with mayonnaise. Seal bag and squish around with your hands to coat the pieces.
- Combine crushed cornflakes, Parmesan, salt and pepper in another gallon sized ziploc bag. Seal and shake to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place mayo coated chicken chunks into the cornflake bag a little at a time and shake to coat.
- Drop coated pieces on cookie sheet and continue process until all the chicken is coated.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes (depending on how large you cut your pieces) or until completely cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.