We like to make this quick, easy, and filling meal on chilly nights. It’s warm, nutritious, and hearty and made with very inexpensive ingredients that can even be swapped out with any other veggies based on your preference or what you have on hand. Topping it with shredded cheese gets even our picky eater on board!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Lean Ground Meat we use venison if available but turkey or lean beef work too
- 3-4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Bullion Paste season with a little extra salt to taste if not available
- 1 medium Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 large Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 small Zucchini finely chopped
- 1 12 oz can Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Canned Tomatoes
- 3 cups Dried Pasta cooked according to package directions and drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese optional to topping
- While chopping vegetables, bring a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta. Once boiling, begin to cook according to package directions. Set the timer two minutes short of what is recommended on the box. This will finish cooking in the sauce later.
- In a large stock pot, break up and brown ground meat in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Turn heat under the stock pot down to medium and add in garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, red pepper flake, and bullion and stir to combine. Saute until the garlic is soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add in chopped onion and bell pepper. Saute another 5 minutes.
- Add in chopped zucchini, kidney beans and canned tomatoes. Stir to combine and saute another 10 minutes until all veggies are soft. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed for salt and pepper or extra spice if you desire.
- Stir in cooked pasta and turn off heat. Let sit for 2 minutes before serving so that pasta can soak up some of the tomato sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese of your choice and serve warm.