It’s been hotter than all get out here lately; and as much as I love cooking, the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove when its time to make dinner right now.
These Fish Cakes are perfect to whip up on a hot summer evening, or any time really. They come together in one bowl, are made with really inexpensive ingredients, and are super filling. Did I mention everybody in my family LOVES these!? Even my picky eater! Give them a try and they might become one of your family’s favorites too!
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 4 5 oz cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl. This is most easily done by hand.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions, about 1/3 cup each.
- Roll each portion into a ball and flatten out to about 1/2" thick. Place on a plate while oil heats up in frying pan.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Drop a little piece of fish cake into pan. When it begins to sizzle, the pan is ready.
- Place 4 cakes at a time in pan. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes per side or until crispy and brown, and transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Serve warm with tartar or cocktail sauce. Our kids even like them dipped in Ranch!