With two little ones, breakfast for dinner is always a hit at our house. We enjoy these sandwiches on busy weeknights with a side salad and some fruit to round out the meal. They are made with inexpensive ingredients and come together in just a few minutes time! As a time saver, I bake the English muffins on a sheet pan in the oven with the ham and cheese on top to warm them through while the eggs are cooking. Our kids love to help pull apart the muffins and assemble the sandwiches too! 🙂
- non-stick frying pan with lid
- Sheet pan
- 4-6 whole eggs
- 4-6 sliced English muffins
- 4-6 slices ham deli meat
- 4-6 slices cheese
- tomato sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate English muffin tops from bottoms and place on un-greased sheet pan face up.
- Place one slice of cheese on half of the muffin sides and one slice of ham on the other half. Place in oven to warm while eggs cook.
- Melt a pat of butter in large frying pan over medium heat. Carefully crack eggs into frying pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour water into frying pan and cover with lid. Let tops of eggs steam for 2 minutes or until yolks are set to desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- Remove warm English muffins from oven and distribute eggs to the sides with the ham. Top with lettuce and tomato if desired and place cheese side on top to close. Serve warm.