Looking for a cookie recipe that is different, simple, and delicious? Meet your new best friend: Chewy Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookies. These bad boys have crispy edges and chewy centers and are full of dried cherries and white chocolate chips. They are perfect with a glass of cold milk or a warm cup of tea and the dough freezes beautifully if you want to make two or three small batches instead of one large one. Just mold what’s left of the dough into a 2″ diameter log shape and place in a freezer bag. Take the dough out about 15 minutes before you want to bake and slice it into 1/2″ slices before placing on a prepared cookie sheet!
Chewy Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- mixing bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- cookie sheet
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon
- Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- 3/4 cup softened salted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened dried cherries
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add in whole egg and egg yolk and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over mixture and and beat to incorporate.
- Add in flour and mix on medium speed until well combined and dough is sticking together nicely.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place rounded tablespoons of chilled dough onto a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, 12 to a large cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 F degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake. The edges should be light brown and the centers still a little soft and puffy.
- Remove to a rack to cool.